Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Birthday Treat and a Special Outing

So, right after my last post, I went home and made Joy a special half birthday treat! I filled up a small, plastic bowl with water, added some treats and stuck it in the freezer. About an hour later, it was done and Ms. Joy had a special ice cake to eat! It was intended for Joy and our non-guide-dog-in-training, Figaro, but Joy isn't too keen on this whole "sharing" thing.

Is it ready yet?

Yummy.

A close up!

Almost gone...

The next day we went on a fun trip! All of the girls (myself, my mother, my grandmother, and Joy) went down to Orlando where we spent the night. We made a couple of stops to stores and then went to our hotel. Joy likes hotels.

Later that night, we went to a mystery dinner theatre! We all had lots of fun and, as usual, Joy was quite a hit. A cast member asked me if he could refer to Joy during the show and I said, of course. The show was about a fox hunt in England and we were supposedly at the pre-fox hunt banquet or something. The Butler told the audience that there was even a Fox Hound In Training with us. Joy did not bother to wake up so she could say hello to her adoring fans.

When she wasn't sleeping during the show, she was quite riveted by what was going on on the stage. There was one particular character that she liked who was quite loud and had big, frizzy hair (like a poodle). Everytime she walked around or yelled at the Butler or anything before the show started, Joy jerked her head around and stared at her.

I was so pleased with how well behaved she was. It's amazing how much progress she has made. She adapts to new environments extremely well and this was proven continually on our trip. She was so well behaved that, when the cast came out to take a bow, the Butler also mentioned Joy and how she never made a peep! I was very proud when she got her own round of applause :)

Oh, one more thing! I have been getting so tired of hearing Joy referred to as "he" lately! Everyone calls her a boy. And our Yorkie, Figaro, is always called a girl. I was unaware of the fact that all Labs are males and all Yorkshire Terriers are females. But apparently, this is the case. I could rant about this for a long time. Anyway..........I've put a stop to it. ;)


Gender confusion problems? Just add a
pink flower, that'll stop 'em!

Peace, Love, Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment