Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Bundle of Joy

I know, I am a terrible blogger! I've had Joy for five days now and I haven't posted anything!!! However, my Internet usage has been suspended for nine days and my laptop's screen has decided to die (it literally died as I was trying to write this post the day after we got Joy). R.I.P. So this means no pictures until it either A. Gets fixed or the more likely B. My 5 in 1 iPad SD card reader arrives. Because I'm having to write this from my iPad. But enough of that, let's talk about Joy! :)

We arrived home at around 10:30 after the awesome puppy party with a soft, warm puppy and several bags of goodies! I could tell Joy was starting to attach herself to me and she didn't even seem too upset about leaving her brothers. (Mostly because she was asleep.) We opened all the nice presents and Joy loved ALL her toys! We had a quick playtime and then it was the moment of truth. Bedtime. How will she do? Will she whine all night? Will she go in her crate? Will she wake me up every thirty minutes? I was prepared for a night of no sleep. I was pleasantly surprised, though! She whined for about ten minutes and I mostly ignored her. After that I could tell through my big, bulky, ancient, stoneage headphones that she had stopped and was sleeping. Hallelujah! I could sleep. Not for TOO long, though. She woke me up whimpering again at 2:30. I couldn't really tell if she was upset because she was by herself in a crate or if she had to go. I ended up taking her out. After that she woke me up at 6:00, which was fine because that was when I was going to get up anyway.

The rest of her day went well, playing and eating and pouncing on her new brother Figaro (who is absolutely terrified of her). The next day was Easter, which meant Church, which meant bringing Joy to Church. I was a bit nervous. I had no reason to be, though because she slept through the entire service! Even the part where my pastor had me hold her up and he introduced her to the congregation and explained what I'm doing! She got LOTS of love at Church and is quite the celebrity over there.

Monday, we had to run some errands. Joy liked going in Target, even if she did have a little accident in the Deli section... Yesterday, not much happened. We played a lot and walked a lot and worked on 'sit' some. She's pretty good at it already! Last night was very exciting because she did not wake up ALL NIGHT and we were able to sleep in until 7:30! She didn't make a peep. I told her that that she is a very good girl and she smiled a big, goofy grin at me and licked my foot. Well, I'm going to have to take Joy out soon so I'm going to go. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment