Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day Five: George Washington and Cupcakes

Today was a very exciting day for Joy & Company! We spent the majority of the day at Mount Vernon, the home of George and Martha Washington. Joy was enthralled by all the different sights and smells! Also, it was very casual because leashed dogs were allowed on the grounds of the estate. Joy liked the special privilege of getting to go inside our first President's mansion, though. By the way, she was super well behaved, again. We all agree that she is getting better every day.

Joy and I outside the Mansion
Oh yeah, and did I mention there were sheep???

Ta-da.

Now, these are not your average, run of the mill sheep. These are Mount Vernon sheep. If you have never heard the noise that these sheep make, then you are missing out on one of the great wonders of the world. It's sort of a cross between an old man coughing/yelling and a dying walrus. You would agree if you have heard these sheep.




Joy is all ready for the tour!


So, after Mount Vernon, we drove over to Georgetown Cupcake!!! They have their own reality show called DC Cupcakes! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Inside Georgetown Cupcake
I got a Vanilla Birthday cupcake: vanilla cake with buttercream frosting, I really don't like chocolate. My mom got the Chocolate Birthday cupcake and my dad got a vanilla cupcake with cream cheese frosting. We also got extras to eat later, a chocolate ganache and a cookies and creme! I think we're going to bust into them pretty soon...


The verdict? The cupcakes were super moist and the frosting was sweet and amazing! A+! Now, I've got to go, those cupcakes are calling me...

Peace, Love, Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment