Friday, July 13, 2012

Day Seven: A Whale Of a Tail

Today we went to the National Aquarium in Baltimore! This is an absolutely incredible and huge aquarium! It is definitely worthy of the name. Instead of boring you with me going on and on about different fish that I like and their natural habitat and other nerdy things, I'll just show you a couple of pictures of Joy.

She really loved looking at all the animals!

Yay, aquarium time!

Joy meets a turtle!

Oh, I've been meaning to say this for a while but I never had any pictures: Joy is losing LOTS of baby teeth! She wants to show you all her big girl teeth.

Ignore all the food stuck in her teeth...

Something really cool happened to Joy today. Well, really, all of us. The National Aquarium has a great dolphin exhibit. They put on a little showcase/training session. We caught the 3:30 show and really enjoyed it!

Waiting for the shoooow...
After the show my mom and I walked around and looked at the jellyfish. My dad kept Joy because she was sleepy. We were halfway through the exhibit when my mom got a call. It was my dad and he told us to get over to the dolphins- NOW!

So we hurried ran over to the dolphins where we found out that Joy could visit with the dolphins for enrichment. I walked her up and down the side of the tank and the dolphins sort of swam about. Then, one of the dolphins, the youngest (Baylee), finally noticed Joy. Then they all went crazy, chasing Joy and staring at her! Joy still hadn't seen them though...

One dolphin turned upside down in a desperate attempt for Joy
to notice her!

Stiiiiill not noticing...
Finally she saw the funny looking swimming animals.

Oh, hey there.
Joy tried to give them a kiss!
Running along with her new dolphin friends.
Bye!

We had quite an audience snapping photos and videotaping the cute puppy/dolphin shenanigans. Eventually the trainers had the area closed off to the public (Except for us!). It was an absolutely incredible experience and we will never forget it!

Right before we left (I can't believe I twisted my foot like
that, ugh.) 
After we left the aquarium we drove over to Charm City Cakes (the bakery behind Ace of Cakes). It's closed except for reservations but we still got a quick picture! Can you tell we really like cake?



Well, this was the final leg of our...long...legged...journey. That's sounds weird.

Tomorrow morning we head back home, all the way to La Florida. We have had the BEST vacation and Joy has learned SO much.

Peace, Love, Joy :)

1 comment:

  1. Joy has a lot of growing to do to fit into that cape! :-)

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of Joy and the dolphins!! Sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete