Monday, July 9, 2012

Day Two and Three: This Post Contains Lots of Chinese Food

I know that I didn't do a post yesterday, but I was pretty tired and it was super late. It's also like 9:00 as I'm writing this (the time thingy on these posts are all wacky) and I am EXHAUSTED. So this will contain minimal dialogue.

Yesterday we had a long overdue reunion with our family in New Jersey, a.k.a., our ONLY family outside Florida. We had an absolutely lovely homecooked meal of which I didn't take any pictures because I thought it would be weird.

"It's so good to see you! What a beautiful meal, can I take
pictures of it for my blog???"


See? Weird.

Anyway, I got in touch with my Chinese side (I am half Chinese, by the way)  by taking some lessons from my Uncle about Chinese calligraphy! He is absolutely incredible in what he does and he gave me some drawings! Seriously, he is like the Bob Ross of Chinese calligraphy and painting.


Joy likes the fish painting.

Happy, happy girl.
Trying to learn!

Today we had lots of sightseeing to do. We took a tour of the Capitol, the Supreme Court, and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. Joy was a good girl.

In the hotel, waiting to leave.

Getting on the Metro, which didn't phase Joy AT ALL!

My dad took like...a thosuand pictures
of us on the Metro.

...Inside the Capitol!


...Outside the Capitol!



(See the fascinating captions I come up with
when I'm tired?)

These awesome Zodiac sculptures were
outside the Hirshhorn art museum. I'm the year
of the Boar!


Doggy...


Outside the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Joy
was sooo ready to go home at this point.
After the BE&P we went over to Chinatown. It's SO hot over here so we got some Italian Ice. I know, Italian Ice in Chinatown, haha. Then the delicious aroma of more Chinese food was too much for me and my dad, so we had to go order some. There's this place that makes the noodles fresh, right before they're cooked and it's AWESOME.

So, food recap. This night I have eaten: 1 Sour Red Italian Ice, 7 steamed dumplings (my weakness), and one huge bowl of fresh noodle soup with pork (^_^) and Chinese vegetables! I am stuffed. But, you know, you can never have too much Chinese food.

Well, Joy is snoring over here and I'm pretty tired too, so I'm going to go. Besides, that's all the pictures I have...

Tomorrow: The White House! Warning: there won't be any pictures because cameras (and about 1,287 other things) aren't allowed.

Peace, Love, Joy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment